CJC-1295 is a 30-amino acid peptide that has the ability to bioconjugate within the globular protein serum albumin. In other words, it has the capability to join a pair of bimolecules together via a chemical bond.
How CJC-1295 Works
The component that allows CJC-1295 to function as it does is found within the peptide chain GHRH1-29. The discharge of the peptide is related to the negative feedback loop that is part of the growth hormone axis found in animal test subjects; this axis regulates the production of the animal’s growth hormone for homeostatic purposes. The issue with this component is its rapid half-life, which lasts fewer than seven minutes. However, studies on animal test subjects have shown that CJC-1295 boosts the half-life of GHRH1-29, as well as its bioavailability. This in turn enables GHRH-1 to have an extended effect on animal test subjects. According to scientific study, this boost has been dramatic, as it has been shown to extend the half-life to over seven days.
In addition to creating a more stable peptide, CJC-1295 enhances bioactivity, blocks methionine oxidation, and decreases asparagines rearrangement or amide hydrolysis to asparatic acid. These mechanics essentially cause the growth hormone axis in animal test subjects to stay active in for a significantly longer time.
CJC-1295’s capacity to extend GHRH1-29’s half-life is linked to the relatively new technology of bioconjugation. This process can take a reactive group and attach it to a peptide, which in turn reacts with a nucleophilic unit found in an animal test subject’s bloodstream to form a bond that is more stable. This peptide has a high binding affinity for albumin, and this affinity blocks natural degradation, which causes an extension of the peptide’s half-life and bioavailablity.
Benefits of CJC-1295
Scientific studies on animal test subjects have led researchers to believe that CJC-1295 could have the following benefits:
- The boosting of protein synthesis. CJC-1295 is thought to increase the amount of proteins that an animal test subject can generate by blocking natural cellular degradation.
- Reduction of body fat –CJC-1295’s mechanics have been shown to promote lipolysis, otherwise known as the process where lipids get broken down. This degradation of lipids, in turn, makes body fat to decrease.
- Improved deep sleep – Scientific studies on animal test subjects have determined that CJC-1295 has enabled the subjects to maintain a deep sleep on a more consistent basis. Studies theorize that this kind of behavior is linked with the peptide’s abilities to promote muscle growth and memory retention. These studies also show that this particular benefit tends to dissipate over time.
- Growth of muscle tissue. The increase of proteins translates into a boost in muscle cells. This has led to an amplification in the mass and size of muscles found within animal test subjects.
- Increased bone density – Scientific studies performed on animal test subjects have determined that CJC-1295’s usage over a specified amount of time can cause the generation of a bone’s mineral matter per square centimeter to boost. This enhanced process enables bones to be stronger and less vulnerable to fractures and other bone-related injuries.
- Expedited injury recovery – The boost in protein production translates to a more efficient healing process within animal test subjects.
- Stronger immune system – Increased protein production has also been shown to improve animal test subjects’ capability to fight off sickness more efficiently.
It should be noted that even though positive determinations are being chronicled, these perceived benefits are still being verified for purposes of consistency.
Potential Side Effects
While scientific research on animal test subjects has led to the determination of several positive benefits in relation to CJC-1295, there are also a few negative side effects that have been recorded. These side effects include:
- Retention of water
- Temporary numbness of extremities
Studies have thus far determined that the recorded cases of negative side effects are far less than the positive effects that have been marked. Additionally, some of these studies have determined that the negative side effects tend to skew toward being inherently mild.
It should be noted that, much like the positive benefits, the negative side effects are still being verified through scientific study to determine their consistent manifestation.
It should also be noted that because the benefits, effects, and overall mechanics and functionality relating to CJC-1295 are still being determined, the use of the peptide is still contained to laboratories. Therefore, it is not fit for use outside of a controlled research environment, where it can be used for scientific research on animal test subjects.